Matthew Pepper - City Manager
Matthew comes to Oxford from the City of Alpharetta where he served in the economic development office. He previously worked for the State of Georgia in the Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget. He is a 2012 graduate of Brigham Young University where he majored in psychology. He received his Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia in 2015. He is originally from Dallas, Texas. His hobbies are reading, sports and fitness. He is a University of Georgia Bulldogs fan.
Marcia Brooks - City Clerk
Brooks assumed the position of City Clerk/Treasurer of Oxford in November,
2019. She is retired from the State of
Georgia where she worked with the Department of Natural Resources, Georgia POST
Council, and the Department of Driver Services.
Marcia holds Masters degrees in Public Administration and Accounting, is
PMP certified, and is currently pursuing her Municipal Clerk
Certification. She serves on the council
of her church and also volunteers as a disaster services associate for the
American Red Cross. Her interests and
specialties with the American Red Cross include UGA football game first aid,
inventory/logistics, and animal disaster support. When relaxing, Marcia enjoys cooking,
genealogy, painting, and communing with donkeys, horses, cows, cats, dogs,
birds, ducks, geese, goats, camels, bunnies, and any other creatures she can
Stacey Mullen - Deputy Clerk
Stacey has been with the City of Oxford for over 15 years. Although she first held a customer service position when she began in 2002, today she is the Deputy Clerk. Among her various job responsibilites, Stacey primarily oversees Accounts Payable and Payroll.
Dawn Stubbs - Associate Clerk/Court Clerk
Dawn Stubbs has worked with the City of Oxford in utility billing for over 15 years, during which time she has taken on the additional responsibilities associated with being the Court Clerk. Dawn issues the billing statements for the entire city each month and also handles aspects of court, such as preparing the docket and assisting the solicitor and judge in their duties.
Melissa Pratt - Associate Clerk
Melissa joined the City of Oxford in September 2019 after being a stay at home mom and artist for 10 years. Prior to that, she has worked over 15 years in customer service, purchasing/receiving, inventory management and office administration. Next to her art and her two children, outside of the office, Melissa enjoys all things nature, gardening, animals and music related.
City Utility Department
Jody Reid - Superintendent
Jody Reid has been employed with the city since December 1986 where he joined the Utilities Department and worked his way from Apprentice Lineman in 1987 to Superintendent in 2008. Through continued education Jody holds certifications as:
- Advanced Underground Distribution – 2001- Distribution Services
- GED – 2002 – State of Georgia, Department of Technical & Adult Education
- Substation Low-Side Qualified Operator – 2008 and 2013 – MEAG Power
- Certificate of Recognition for Voltage Regulator Systems – 2008 – Cooper Power Systems
- ITS Qualified Operator – 2009 – MEAG Power
- Tree Planting Workshop – 2009 – Technical Forestry
- Excellence as a Supervisor – 2011-2012 – Electric Cities of Georgia (ECG)
- Erosion & Sedimentation – 2012 - Georgia Residential and Contractor Licensing Board
- BasicPlus CPR – 2014
- Certified Water Systems Operator – 2003-2014 – Georgia Rural Water Association (GRWA)
- Energy Audit Walk-Through – 2014 – Southface
- Effective Supervisory Practices – 2014 – ICMA
Scottie has been employed with the City of Oxford Utilities Department since December 2004. He works hard in assuring prompt and accurate services to the citizens of Oxford in the Electric, Water and field operations.He has two wonderful daughters, Jasmine and Nickie, and one grand-daughter, Kaitlyn Grace, who loves to ride around his farm on the tractor and golf cart. Scottie has proven to be a true asset to the city in holding the following certifications:
- MEAG POWER/Distribution Services – Electrical Power Substation Low-side
- Qualified Operator
- Powerline Workers
- Distribution Operations 2009
- Powerline Workers Rigging & Climbing 2007
- Groundman Certification 2005
- GEORGIA RURAL WATER ASSOCIATION:
- Distribution SystemOperations and Maintenance 2012
- Basic Water Operations 2012
- GEORGIA SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION COMMISSION - Level 1A
- Certified Personnel(Blue Card)
- GEORGIA DOT- Certified Flagger
- EPD – Class 3 Water Distribution Certification 2012
- The National Stormwater Center – NPDES Certified Stormwater Inspector 2012
- Technical Forestry Services – Tree Planting 2009
- Tree Health and Condition 2009
Trevon officially filled the position of Equipment Operator I / Recycle and Refuse Collection Worker on October 4, 2018. He was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and moved to Georgia when he was five years old. He is coming to us from Contract Packaging where he worked as a Batch Maker mixing the concrete used to set telephone poles. In his free time, he enjoys exercising and spending time with his two children.
Austin joined The City of Oxford officially on September 20, 2018 as Equipment Operator I / Meter Reader. He comes to us from Andy Strickland landscaping. Austin was born and raised right outside of Oxford. His hobbies are Baseball and restoring old cars.
Jonathan (Jay) Benton
Jonathan joined the City as a full time Meter Reader/Equipment Operator, July 2, 2015. Jonathan is a graduate from Eastside High School. He completed a two year study in Electrical Engineering at Fort Valley State University, in Fort Valley, Georgia. He has completed the Traffic Control Certification from Electric Cities of Georgia. Jonathan’s hobbies are, watching and coaching basketball, favorite pastime is working on small engines.