The City of Oxford is accepting applications for the
position of Associate Clerk.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations
at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles
relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the
completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for
one to two years.
Top candidates will possess the following knowledge/skills/abilities/experience
at a minimum:
- Routine professional interaction with customers in person
and by phone.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to excellent
- Ability to count money accurately and advise customers of
the status of their billing accounts.
- Successful performance working on a collaborative team.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner verbally and
in writing, and with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Record of good attendance at previous employer(s).
- Possession of or ability to obtain Notary Public
- Knowledge of computerized utility billing systems.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and
Entry salary for this position is $24,167.80. Actual salary will be determined based on
qualifications and experience.
Completed job applications may be dropped off in person or
Oxford City Hall
Attn: Marcia Brooks
110 West Clark Street
Oxford, GA 30054
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. March 31, 2020. Resumes submitted without completed applications will not be considered.
Associate Clerk Job Description
Application For Employment