OXFORD HISTORICAL CEMETERY FOUNDATION, INC.
P.O. Box 127 - Oxford, GA 30054
The Oxford Cemetery was established in 1837 for residents of Oxford and those related to Emory College. The cemetery is owned by the City of Oxford.
In 1965 the Oxford Historical Cemetery Foundation, Inc., was organized as a non-profit association for the purpose of cooperating with the City of Oxford to support their work in the general beautification and maintenance of the grounds of the cemetery.
Membership in the Foundation is based on ownership of a cemetery lot or by donation (non-voting member). The Foundation meets annually on the first Sunday afternoon in February or otherwise as announced.
The contact person for purchase of lots in the Oxford Cemetery is City Clerk, Lauran Willis, at Oxford City Hall; telephone (770) 786-7004. Contact persons for information about the cemetery are Anderson Wright, (770) 784-0471 and Tom Johnson, (770) 786-2515.
Many graves of historic significance may be found in the cemetery. Among these are Emory College presidents, faculty members, bishops, and ministers of the Methodist Church.
Officers of the Foundation for the year 2019 are:
President: Tom H. Johnson, Sr. (770) 786-2515 P.O. Box 127
Vice-President: Anderson Wright
Secretary: Marcia Floyd
Treasurer: Don Floyd
Board of Directors/Trustees:
John Burson, Chairman